Building Software: Every successful business starts with an idea. So you’ve identified a problem in the market and you’re working to develop a solution in the form of either a product or a service. What are the next steps? In this episode of Guaranteed to Grow, Patrick will recap the last nine episodes that cover the steps for building software business. He goes through the framework he has used to build several successful companies. If you missed any previous episodes, you have everything you need here. Let’s dive in! Join Patrick as he recaps nine episodes on building a successful software business. Learn the essential steps to turn your idea into a thriving product or service. Tune in and take your business to the next level! “Unlock the secrets of building a thriving software business with Patrick’s recap of nine crucial episodes. Get ready to transform your idea into a successful product or service with this comprehensive framework. Don’t miss out – dive in and elevate your business today! In this special episode of Guaranteed to Grow, Patrick distills the core principles from previous shows, guiding you through the process of nurturing your software business idea to fruition. Gain invaluable insights from his track record of building successful companies, ensuring you have all the tools for your entrepreneurial journey. Tune in now!
In This Episode: Building Software
– How to Validate Your Software Idea in 30 Days or Less
– Nailing Your ICP (Ideal Customer Profile)
– How to Build a Successful MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
– Building an Authentic Sales Organization
– How to Build a Winning Go-To-Market Strategy
– How to Build an Authority Engine Using Social Proof
– Leveraging the Power of Branding
– The UX Is Critical for Your Product
– Building an Award-Winning Customer Success Model
It’s no secret that businesses need an exceptional sales and marketing strategy to be successful. But in today’s environment where customers have endless options, sales and marketing alone aren’t enough to cut it. Customer acquisition cost has steadily increased over the past decade. So the question becomes, what else can businesses do to succeed?
The answer is quite simple–invest in customer success. In today’s episode of Guaranteed to Grow, Patrick will discuss the benefits of introducing customer success as a core component of your business and how to build an award-winning customer success model. So let’s dive in!
In This Episode:
– How is customer success different from customer support?
– Why is it important to map the customer journey?
– Understanding the impact of customer churn and what you can do to minimize it
– 7 steps to building your customer success model
– Tools to help you build your customer success process
If you look at Apple and the products and services they develop and release, you’ll see that they’re a brand that prioritizes user experience. This principle embodies what Steve Jobs meant when he said, “Design isn’t just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”
Joining Patrick in today’s episode of Guaranteed to Grow is their Chief Product Officer, Derrell Johnson. Together, Patrick and Derrell discuss why UX is critical for your product, examples of brands with excellent UX, the different design methodologies, and some tools you can use for prototyping. Let’s dive in!
In This Episode:
– When people talk about user experience, what exactly are they referencing?
– The key difference between UI and UX and how they work together
– At what point should people look at user experience when designing products?
– How in-depth should you go with prototypes?
– A look at some companies who have done a great product design
– Waterfall vs. Agile vs. Human Centered Design methodology in product development
– How necessary are product testing and quality assurance in the overall user experience?
– What tools can you use to measure the performance and adoption of a product design?
Jonah Sachs said, “Your brand is a story unfolding across all customer touchpoints.” It means that your brand is more than just your logo, the colors you choose, or your website. Instead, your brand is the collection of everything that creates a desired experience for your customers. Great companies embody the power of branding.
Joining Patrick in today’s episode of Guaranteed to Grow is their VP for Marketing, Nathan Stout. Tune in to find out more about the difference between branding and marketing, what to focus on, and what you can do to build your brand.
In This Episode:
– What exactly is branding?
– How does building a personal brand play into the corporate brand?
– How can brands build trust with their customers?
– The role of branding in influencing buyer behavior
– How does knowing your customers guide you in crafting the perfect brand messaging?
– How branding impacts your overall marketing strategy
In his book Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Robert Cialdini said, “We view a behavior as more correct in a given situation to the degree that we see others performing it.”
We buy products endorsed by athletes and celebrities because we want to look and perform like them. We trust user reviews because they have experienced the products and services. We tend to accept the opinions of others simply because of our lack of experience. So whether consciously or subconsciously, people with perceived authority have an influence on us.
In this episode, you will learn how to build your authority engine for your business using social proof so you can extend your influence and reach and reap the benefits for your business.
In This Episode:
– The 6 Types of Social Proof
– The 5 Stages of Buyer Awareness and the types of content that you need for each stage of your funnel
– How to leverage your authority to attract new customers and unlock new levels of growth in your business